2023 FAT CHOY CUP
Rules and Regulations
This tournament is organized by Chinese Bowling Congress
Open to all current and past members
CBC reserves the right to accept or refuse entry to this tournament
Venue: Richmond Hill Pro Bowl,
10593 Yonge St, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3C5
Date: 12 February 2022, Saturday
Registration Time: 10:30 am to 11:00 am
One Division - Handicap
Entry fee: $70
Highest average (minimum 21 games) of 2019 – 2020 Winter from GTTBA yearbook.
With no valid GTTBA yearbook average, CBC will assign an average based on the average history of the bowler, otherwise the bowler will bowl scratch
80% of (220 minus average), men max. 50, ladies max. 55
NO, but pre-registration is required on or before 10 February, 2022 during leagues, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All bowlers will bowl 5 games, will move to a new pair of lanes after each game
Top 12 scores with handicap will advance to round 2
Round 2 :
All 12 bowlers will bowl one game, with top 6 move to round 3
Round 3 :
All 6 bowlers will bowl one game with top 3 advance to final round (based on 24 entries, all 6 bowlers will cash in this round)
The 3 bowlers from round 3 will bowl 1 game to determine the Champion.
Prizes* (based on 24 entries)
* Subject to change depends on number of entries (Cash ratio 1 in 4)
2 frames roll-off , 9th and 10th frame with 1/5 of handicap rounded down added to the pinfalls.
one lane courtesy is observed
Non-CTF approved powder is not allowed in bowler's area and approach
Non-bowler is not allowed in bowler's area
It is the bowler's responsibility to ensure that all bowling balls used during the tournament are verified legal under CTF/USBC specifications. Tournament committee reserve the right to examine the balls used by the participants. Use of an illegal ball will lead to disqualification and forfeiture of games, prizes and standings aside from any other penalties that may be imposed.
Altering the surface of the bowling ball during a game is not allowed (i.e. only after completion/before commencement of each game), provided they are made at designated area and must not delay the bowler's and other's next turn.
This is a non-sanctioned tournament. However, all CTF /USBC tournament rules will apply.
Any disputes will be settled by the CBC tournament committee
An appeal must be submitted in writing to CBC within 7 days after the tournament for CBC's final decision
2019 BENCHMARK SIGNATURE CUP
Rules and Regulations
1. This tournament is organized by Chinese Bowling
Congress and is sponsored by Benchmark Signature Realty
All Chinese Bowling Congress 2018 – 2019 winter league members. Tournament director will handle any questionable circumstances and grant exceptions.
World Bowl , 9 East Wilmot Street, Richmond Hill
4. Date and Registration Time
· May 5 ,2019 Saturday, 10:00 am to 10:30 am registration; 10:45 practice, 11:00 am start scoring
· Scratch and handicap division
6. Entry fee: $80
· Highest average (minimum 21 games) of 2017–2018 winter and 2018–2019 winter from year book.
· With no valid average, a bowler shall use 220 as average.
· A bowler has the responsibility to report a current average which is 10 pins higher than the previous 2 year’s average, failing to do this will lead to disqualification, forfeiture of games, prizes and standings aside from any other penalties that may be imposed.
· 80% of (220 minus average), men max. 40, ladies max. 50
9. Qualifying rounds
· $10 per one qualify entry, unlimited entries.
11. Final round
· The top 2 scratch and top 2 handicap bowlers will bowl one game on a pair of lanes, the highest handicap score will be the champion. The second highest handicap score will be the 1strunner-up and so on.
12. Prizes* Cash ratio 1 in 4 * subject to change depends on number of entries
During league dates and time at Markham Pro Bowl :
Monday – 9 pm
Apr 1, 8, 15, 22 , 29
13. Tie breakers
· Qualifying rounds – the score with the earlier qualifying date will advance,
· If both scores were on same date, high game scratch of the set will advance.
· For Semi-final and final rounds – 2 frames roll-off , 9th and 10th frame with 1/5 of handicap rounded down added to the pinfalls.
· One lane courtesy is observed. All powder is not allowed on shoe sole, bowler's area and approach. Non-bowler is not allowed in bowler's area.
No headgear or sleeveless shirt, no jeans with holes. Cut-offs and athletic shorts are not allowed. Tournament director will handle any questionable circumstances.
· Ladies may wear skirts, shorts or slacks.
16. Bowling balls
· It is the bowler's responsibility to ensure that all bowling balls used during the tournament are verified legal under CTF/USBC Specifications.
· Tournament committees reserve the right to examine the balls used by the participants. Use of an illegal ball will lead to disqualification and forfeiture of games, prizes and standings aside from any other penalties that may be imposed. Altering the surface of the bowling ball is not allowed after practice is over
17. CBC adjudication
· This is a non-sanctioned tournament. However, all tournament rules of CTF /USBC are applied.
· CBC reserves the right to accept or refuse entry to this tournament.
· Any disputes will be settled by the CBC tournament committee
· An appeal must be submitted in writing to CBC within 7 days after the tournament for CBC's final decision.
During league dates and time at World Bowl :
Tuesday - 9:30 pm
Apr 2, 9 , 16, 23, 30
Thursday – 9:00 pm
Mar 28 ; Apr 4, 11, 18, 25
Sunday – 9:30 am
Mar 31 ; Apr 7, 14, 21, 28
· Top 40 qualifying scores ( with handicap ) will advance to the semi-final round
10. Semi-final round
All 40 bowlers will bowl 7 games.
· All 40 bowlers will be entered in both scratch and handicap division.
· Top 5 scores will cash in both divisions
· Top 2 scores in each division will advance to final round
· If a bowler has the same position in both divisions, the scratch division position will take precedence
Champion: Raymond Choi
1st Runner-up: Ho Leung Chan
2nd Runner-up: Eugenia Jon
3rd Runner-up: Bruno Kong
5th - Chester Yung
6th - Daniel Chow
7th - Doug Hui
8th - David Luong
1st - Darius Yeung
2nd - Benny Sin
3rd - Desmond Chan
La Difference Cup 2014 Rules and Regulations
Champion - Bruno Kong
2nd Place - Alvin Chan
3rd Place - James Boo Sum
Blind Doubles Home Team Winners:
1st Place - Vincent Li / Benny Sin
2nd Place - Mary Leung / Stephen Lam
3rd Place - Alex Luk / Edith Lee
Bowling Ball Lucky Draws Winners:
Ming Pao Fat Choy Cup 2014 Rules and Regulations
Ming Pao Fat Choy Cup 2014 Results
C.T.F. Rules #319 will be enforced and it is the bowler’s responsibility to abide by these rules. When the previous season’s average is used, and at the time of bowling an entrant has a current average for 21 or more games that is 10 pins or more higher than the prior season’s average, the current average must be used. Bowlers fail to report their current average of other league which is 10 pins above book average before the tournament will lead to re-rate or disqualify.
CCNC 2013 Rules and Regulations
CCNC 2013 Qualify Standings (Ontario)
CCNC 2013 Oil Pattern
CCNC 2013 Final Results